ABOUT CATEGORIES APPLICATION CONTESTANTS NEWS & EVENTS SPONSORS
For more information, contact
Scott Green, ACT-SO Chair
1. Be of African-American descent.
2. Be a high school student enrolled in grades 9 through 12 (Culinary Arts contestants must be 11th and 12th).
3. Be a citizen or legal resident of the United States.
4. Be an individual who has demonstrated a genuine interest in one of the 32 categories.
5. Submit a request to compete in up to three (3) separate categories.
6. Be of amateur status–never having performed as a professional in any category of the competition.
7. Conform to the guideline requirements as dictated by the category(ies) chosen.
8. Complete and submit the following applications or agreements below. :